Monday, December 3, 2012


            During a day of observation I noticed that 70% of the students inside and outside of the classrooms uses their cellphone. Many of them are social networking and other are just sending text messages.  Around the college you can see a bunch of people walking while they send txt massages, totally unplugs from the world. When I entered at the lab store nobody was in a social network page, but I could see that many students were using their phones and computers at the same time. I found out that social networking pages are not allow at computer lab, so students use their phones to check their Facebook accounts while their use a computer to do homework. When I got into the library I found out almost the same case as computer lab, some students only go here to have a comfortable place to use their phone and do a little of homework.

            Inside the classroom most of the students pay attention to the teacher only 4 or 5 uses their phones. Honestly I include my-self, it is really hard don’t check my Facebook status while I’m in class. After class when students got out of the classroom, some of they start talking each other and discuss about the class and homework. The other part of students immediately take their phones out when the class is over. An intersecting fact that I found out is that some students are interacting face to face, and at the same time they are sending text messages or updating Facebook. 

One of the dangerous of being distracted with the phone while you are walking

No comments:

Post a Comment